Everyone loves the Mole Cake
This cake is one of the fashion cake par excellence. For a long time he was not allowed to miss any children's birthday and even now, young and old are looking forward to the delicious cream cake. It does not take long to ask where the mole cake got its name from. Too large is the similarity of this cake with a heaped molehill. The only difference: The Mole cake tastes delicious!
So you do the mole cake yourself
The classic Mole cake consists of two layers. On the outside, crumbled dough with cocoa ensures the right look, shape and hold, and inside, a creamy filling of bananas and cream lures. So who is? like the mole? working into the deep levels of this cake, expects at its core delightfully sinful enjoyment. For defenders of low carb, the Maulwurftorte is absolutely not suitable!
Of course, there is also a cake mix for the fashion cake, but of course we prefer to make the cake ourselves. The recipe above is a modification of the classic Mole cake and a special creation? directly from the ChroniquesDuVasteMonde experimental kitchen. Here we refrain from bananas and cream cream and build the hill from cake pieces, sweetened condensed milk and walnut kernels.
But we also do not want to deprive you of the classic mole cake. In the video we show you how it works:
Recipe for the classic mole cake
For the dough:
- 150 grams
- 120 grams of sugar
- 150 grams of flour
- 30 grams of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 75 milliliters of milk
- Fat for the mold
For the filling:
- 3 bananas
- 60 g chocolate flakes
- 2 cups of cream
- 2 packs of cream stabilizer
If you want, you can also add vanilla sugar, chocolate sprinkles or grated chocolate to the filling.
And so you prepare the Maulwurftorte:
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough and make a nice sponge cake. Grease a springform pan (diameter 26 cm), place the dough in the pan and bake at 170 ° C for about 30 minutes. Let the cake bottom cool and place on a cake plate.
- Hollow out the ground, leaving an edge of 2 cm. Collect the crumbs in a bowl and then roughly crumble again.
- Peel the bananas, halve lengthwise and place with the flat side on the hollowed-out soil.
- In a bowl beat the cream with the creamy stiff, fold in the chocolate flakes. Spread the cream cream liberally over the ground and the bananas so that a dome - the "molehill" - is created. Then sprinkle with the pastry crumbs and put the mole cake in the fridge for 2 hours. Done is the Mole Cake! Serve well chilled.