Boiling pears: That's how you do it right
To boil pears: the ingredients
- 1 kilogram of pears
- 1 liter of water
- lemon juice
- 500 grams of sugar
- Spices of your choice (for example cinnamon or clove)
Awake pears properly: That 's how it works
- First, the mason jars must be thorough rinsed with hot water becomeso they are sterile.
- Before you can put in the pears, you have to peel, halve or quarter them and corer them. The fruits should be neither too hard nor overripe, In addition, it is important that they have no bruises or lazy places, these must be cut out.
- To prevent the pears from turning brown, put them in water and add a few slices of lemon juice added.
- In the next step, the pears must be blanched. You give her that in boiling water for two minutes, Then you fill the pears to two centimeters under the edge in the Einkochgläser.
- Then you make the sugar syrup by dissolving sugar in boiling water with constant stirring. Who wants, can also Add spices like cinnamon or cloves, Finally, pour the syrup over the pears so that they are completely covered. To the glass edge should still one centimeter of space his. Carefully wipe the mason jars and seal the lids airtight.
- Finally, the glasses are placed in a large pot and three quarters filled with water, At a temperature of about 90 degrees, you can now boil the pears. After 30 minutes, turn off the heat and let the cooked pears cool down.
Cook the pears in the oven
It is also possible to wake up pears in the oven. For this, steps 1-5 remain the same, but you use instead of a pot a fat pan or a deep casserole dish, Place the preserving jars in it and pour water into the container so that the pears two inches deep stand in the water. Now they must cook on the middle rail for 60 minutes at 150 degrees.
Then you let the fruit rest for half an hour. Cooked pears can last for several years, but they should be processed after one yearbecause otherwise they lose their taste.
You are still looking for recipes for cooked pears? They are ideal for pear cake, pear crumble or pear compote, for example.
With us you will find even more tips, tricks and recipes around the topic of cooking einkochen. For example, we show you how to cook asparagus or how to cook rhubarb.
Save time and yet cook varied and sophisticated? Our fast recipes only need 30 minutes!