Nussecken: Delicious cookies with bite
Ingredients for crispy nut corners
For the dough:
- 100 grams of butter
- 60 grams of powdered sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 180 grams of flour
- 30 grams of ground hazelnuts
- 50 grams of butter
- 120 grams of sugar
- 60 grams of sugar beet syrup (light)
- 100 grams of whipped cream
- 300 grams of hazelnuts (chopped)
- 100 grams of hazelnuts (ground)
- 150 grams of bittersweet chocolate
Nut corners: preparation
- Butter, powdered sugar, salt, egg, flour and ground hazelnuts first knead with the dough hooks of the hand mixer, then with your hands to a smooth dough. Cover the dough for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, convection 160 degrees, gas level 3. Press the dough with your hands on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Allow butter, sugar, syrup and whipped cream to cook, stirring occasionally over low heat for about 4 minutes. This caramelizes the sugar. The mass should not be too dark, otherwise the caramel will be bitter. Remove the pot from the cooking area and stir in both types of nut.
- Spread the nut mixture on the dough. Now bake the walnut in the oven on the bottom rail for about 20 minutes. Allow the nut corners to cool slightly and cut into triangles (4 x 4 x 2 cm) with a sharp knife. Coarsely chop the couverture and let it melt in a small bowl in a hot water bath. Immerse each side of the nut corners and allow to dry on cake grids.
Tip: Alternatively, you can fill the liquid couverture into a piping bag and draw patterns or streaks on the nut corners. Caramel can also be replaced with apricot jam.
Results in 10 pieces, finished in 75 minutes, nutritional values per piece: 65 kcal, 5 g fat, 5 g carbohydrates, 1 g protein
More lust for nuts? Then try our other nut cookies, for example our recipe for hazelnut macaroons. There are even more recipes for cookies for every taste.