Basenfasten: Large plaster for the organism
What is Basenfasten?
Basenfasten is fasting with fruits and vegetables: A gentle and enjoyable methodTo counteract hyperacidity and lose weight. A cure is very simple and can be well integrated into the professional life.
During the cure only come Basenbildner such as fruits, vegetables, herbs, seedlings, some nuts and high-quality oil such as linseed, olive or rapeseed oil on the table. acidifiers on the other hand, meat, sausages, dairy products, white flour, whole grains, pasta, rice, eggs, coffee, sweets and alcohol are taboo.
Especially important: per day drink two and a half to three liters! Only then can unwanted substances leave the body. Allowed is pure spring water and diluted herbal tea.
Avoid Acidification: The Ten Rules for Base Fasting
- Beware of raw food: Although raw food is the healthiest way to eat vegetables and fruits, be careful. In particular, people with sensitive bowels and food allergies are affected.
- Last meal before 6 pm: May not be feasible for many people, but still: eat as early in the evening and as little as possible. For the later you eat, the worse you sleep because the intestines and liver are busy digesting.
- Fruit and raw food until 2 pm: It is basically better for the metabolism, if you no longer eat raw vegetables or fruits from 14 o'clock. Better to grab cooked food.
- Vegetables must be crisp: Steaming is the magic word. He who cooks his vegetables does not absorb any valuable vitamins. Prepare the vegetables as crispy as possible.
- As little as possible: This is probably the most difficult task: Eat as little as possible and only as much as you need. Stop eating before you feel full, as satiety usually sets in after a few minutes.
- No wild mess: You do not need five vegetables or more to have a great taste experience. Less is more: use two or three vegetables and the result will be the same.
- Season with feeling: Please only season discreetly. Reason: Spices irritate the taste buds and let the feeling of saturation disappear.
- Eat more vegetables than fruits: The fruit content should not exceed twenty percent. If you have a sensitive gastrointestinal tract, you should increase the proportion of vegetables even higher. Basically, the fruits and vegetables should be ripe, because only ripe fruits and vegetables are metabolized basic.
- To eat with desire and appetite: Only go for the vegetables and fruits that you really have an appetite for. You do you and your body no favor when you consume the dish without desire.
- To chew thoroughly: "Well chewed is half digested" is the most important rule. But what does that mean? Take an apple carving - you should chew it at least 30 times. Advanced masters create 60 to 80 times.
This is what a typical Basenfasten-Tag might look like:© AnnaKalinicheva / Shutterstock
For breakfast: basic muesli with fruits
Ingredients for 1 person:
- 1 banana
- Juice of half a lemon
- Blueberries or other seasonal fruits
- Almonds or 1 teaspoon almond purée
- 2 teaspoons Chufas Nüssli (health food store) or 2 teaspoons of ground flax seeds or 2 teaspoons of sunflower seeds
- Crush banana, grate apple or add other fruit. Add the almonds together with the Chufas Nüssli, linseed or sunflower seeds.
- Mix with lemon juice.
Ready in 10 minutes.© Sentelia / Shutterstock
For lunch: lamb's lettuce with mushrooms
Ingredients for 1 person:
- 120 grams of lamb's lettuce or rocket salad
- 2 fresh little mushrooms
- 1 small red onion
- some garden cress or chives
- Wash the lettuce, slice the mushrooms, mince the onion, mix with salad dressing.
For the salad dressing you need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small pinch of herbal salt
- mixed pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 spring onion
- some fresh parsley
- Cut the spring onion and parsley into small pieces, mix all the ingredients, stir and then stir in the salad just before eating.
For dinner: jacket potatoes with avocado cream
Ingredients for 1 person:
- 3-4 jacket potatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 pinch of mixed pepper
- 1/2 bowl of cress
- Boil the boiled potatoes, peel and core the avocado, crush with the fork.
- Add the spices and the lemon juice. Coat the potatoes with the cream.
All recipes are from the book "Basenfasten: das Gesundheitserlebnis" (Trias).
"Basenfasten Deluxe": The 4-course menu
In the book "Basenfasten deluxe", which Sabine Wacker brought to market in collaboration with professional chef Sascha Fassott at the end of 2015, you will also find numerous, basic menu ideas of a high standard. Here's a suggestion for a great 4-course dinner that you can enjoy as a couple or with family and friends.
Recipes for base fasting1 of 4
Appetizer: tongue pleasers
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 shallot
- 1 small bunch of basil
- 1 egg tomato
- Halve and core the avocados. Peel with a knife and cut into eighths. Puree the avocado with the juice of half a lemon, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and spices in a kitchen blender. Dice the shallot, finely chop the basil and stir in the avocado cream. Then refrigerate
- Blanch the boiled egg in boiling water for about ten seconds, quench with cold water and peel off the skin. Remove the core and dice the meat. Cut the dried tomatoes into thin strips and add to the diced tomatoes. Marinate the tomatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and the remaining lemon juice and leave to soak. Wash potatoes and peel. Cut into even cubes and roast on baking paper at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes in the oven until they are lightly browned.
- Put the avocado cream into small jars, cover with the pickled tomatoes and drizzle with a little olive oil. Then add the warm potato croutons and top with beetroot sprouts. Perfect as a "tongue pleasers" anticipated. Ready in 30 minutes plus 20 minutes baking time.
Main course: sweet potatoes, mushrooms and wheatgrass
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 2 heads of Friséesalat
- 2 big sweet potatoes
- a little olive oil
- 400 g noble mushroom mixture (Egerlinge, Oyster mushrooms, Shiitake, Kräuterseitlinge)
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 thyme branch
- 1 small bunch of chives
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 4 tablespoons of flaxseed oil
- Salt pepper
- 4 radishes
- 1 cup of young wheatgrass
- 1 cup of radish sprouts
- Clean the frisé salad and remove the outer leaves. Cut the washed sweet potatoes into 1-inch slices and rub with salt, pepper and olive oil. Place on a baking tray and bake at 185 degrees for about 20 minutes in the oven until the potatoes are lightly colored.
- In the meantime, free mushrooms from stalks and roughly arrange the mushroom caps and sauté in olive oil with salt, rosemary and thyme. So they get a nutty taste.
- Finely chop the chives, add the shallots, lemon juice, agave syrup, linseed oil, salt and pepper to a dressing and marinate the hairdressing hearts. Grate the radishes with a grater to fine pins.
- Then arrange the sweet potatoes in a circle on a round plate and cover with the fried mushrooms. Place marinated hairdressing hearts on top and sprinkle with wheatgrass. Radish sprouts and the planed Radieschenstifte complete the picture.
Cubio - velvet soup
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 500 g Zimkartoffeln (also called Cubio)
- 3 shallots
- 50 ml of toasted sesame oil
- 1 Msp. Jaipur Curry
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 250 ml almond milk
- Salt, pepper (freshly ground)
- 3 g of black sesame, roasted
- 1 small handful of watercress
- 1 Msp. Sumac
- Peel and dice the cinnamon potatoes. Also dice the shallots and sauté with the potatoes in sesame oil and sprinkle with Jaipur curry.
- Fill the vegetables with the vegetable stock and the almond milk, cook gently and puree. Season with salt and pepper, flavor and decorate with roasted black sesame, watercress and sumac. Ready in 40 minutes!
Dessert: Maya Special
Ingredients for 2 persons
- 500 ml of coconut milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- Agave syrup to taste
- Juice and peel of 2 untreated limes
- 8 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 prickly pears or other fruits
- Mix the coconut milk with a portion of the vanilla pod, 2 tablespoons of agave syrup, the rubbing off of a lime and the chia seeds and chill for at least two hours in small mason jars in portions. Cut the leaves of the mint into the finest stripes, put aside a few leaves for decoration. Mix the juice of both limes and the rubbing off of a lime with agave syrup, the remaining pith of the vanilla pod and the mint.
- Wash the prickly pears in a sieve in stagnant water and free from the fine spiny hairs. Cut off top and bottom, cut lengthwise with a knife and peel off the sturdy shell all around. Slice the resulting interior and season in the marinade. Put the marinated prickly pears on the pudding, cover with marinade and garnish with fresh mint. Ready in 40 minutes plus 2 hours cooling time.
Basenfasten: The concept according to Sabine Wacker
ChroniquesDuVasteMonde: You launched Basenfasten almost 18 years ago - what does the concept look like today?
After completing her medical studies and two training courses, Sabine Wacker opened her practice as a non-medical practitioner in Mannheim. 18 years ago, she developed base fasting from her profession and has written numerous books on the subject to this day. She has been training consultants since 2007. In 2014 she and her son Matteo founded a base fast franchise system for hotels. There are now numerous officially certified Wacker hotels. Click here for the Basenfasten page.
© TRIAS Verlag / Press Office
Sabine Wacker: In the original concept, we were pretty strict about the meals: there was salad at lunchtime and the cooked dish in the evening. It has not changed that you basically eat fruits in the morning, salad at lunchtime and vegetables in the evening. Today we see it that way, especially if you do not want to lose weight, you can enjoy meals in two courses.
This is especially true if you want to make base fast in one of our hotels. For example, for lunch you may take a small salad and a cooked dish, for dinner it may be a clear vegetable broth and a vegetable dish.
Since the hotel concept we emphasize the aspect "enjoyment" much more, It has always been important to me to emphasize this aspect, as the concept was fundamentally too medical for me. Even if the therapeutic effects are not negligible, this is Wellness feeling immensely important, When I go to the hotel, I suffer from the food - and those horrible sauces with cream in it. And I've always thought: You can also cook at a high level.
What else has changed?
Has changed that we the Snacks taken out to have. The reason for this is that the acid-base balance is a rhythmic process. After each intake of food, there are so-called basement floods, which increase the pH and last around four hours. Once digestion is complete, the body demands new food. Only with diabetics, this rhythm does not work anymore, they need snacks.
Besides, we have ours Recommendations for nuts expanded: Originally, almonds and fresh walnuts were part of the diet. Fresh means that the nuts should not be more than three months old, as they will taste rancid afterwards. Today, with our food chemist, we have added more nuts to the base fast: the Brazil nut, which is great because it contains lots of selenium, the macadamia nut, because it contains great oil, and pistachios. Coconut flakes are also base-forming and can enrich the basic muesli or a carrot soup. Coconut milk from the can, however, is acid-forming.
I have not made base fast yet. What tips would you give to beginners?
I first look at the type of person. There is that Power type, the type of feeling and the type of nerve:
- The nervous typeThe most difficult of them all needs a lot of warmth and is not allowed to eat so much raw food, because he usually does not tolerate it. He must pay attention to the seasons - and in the winter, even outside the Basenfasts, no tomatoes to eat. Root vegetables, turmeric, ginger: Nerve types should take all the warming spices and a lot of warm food to keep energy. As a rule, they do not have to struggle with obesity.
- Power types Basenfasten: They usually have a good metabolism, a good digestion, quickly lose their extra pounds and then look forward to the "full life" again.
- feeling types are the people who need someone to pull together. Both types are more susceptible to overweight, as they eat based on mood and mood.
Generally: If someone makes basen fast for the first time, I would definitely advise him to do the Coffee and other caffeinated drinks three days before leave out, Caffeine withdrawal causes us to sag for the first three days. The goal should be that we feel well on the first day of fasting and this experience is not overshadowed by the effects of caffeine withdrawal.
Our feeling can not separate this, if we start Basenfasten at the same time with caffeine withdrawal, then remains always this memory: "Basenfasten, that means for me: 3 days headache". It was only the withdrawal of coffee or tea. I separate coffee from base fasting - that is essential for the first experience.
How long should a Basenfasten cure last?
In the best case about ten days, But that depends entirely on the type. People of normal weight or lower range should not exceed ten days. Those who are overweight can do the cure for two to three weeks. However, some people endure it for months - especially men. KKK women (child, career, kitchen) can bastate every six months to relieve stress and rebalance the acid-base balance. Not at all I would recommend the cure pregnant women, nursing and people with eating disorders.
We have even more tips on fasting. You want to keep your diet healthy even after the cure? Then discover our healthy recipes!